How to retouch – Improve knowledge equals enhanced images.
Slaughterhouse Studios ltd is proud to announce a well over due collaboration with one of Manchester’s leading Retouch Artists, Miss Jennifer Doohan. The masterclasses will provide you with the skills to confidently use Adobe Photoshop in a proficient, intuitive and effective way.
Jennifer has worked with some of the finest photographers in the UK, working alongside some of the more well known stars of stage and screen. Her work has allowed her to travel throughout Europe and Asia, with her current post at BBC HQ at Media City, Salford.
The purpose of the masterclass is to present to you the finer details and uses of the Photoshop Toolkit. This will leave you with the relevant skills to produce excellent quality images. The masterclass is aimed at anyone with a basic understanding of the software.
Each class will encourage you to use and understand all the basic elements of Photoshop and then over time lead towards much more advanced levels of learning this software. Jennifer will offer much more hands on practice during the day long course. Therefore, whether a photographer, illustrator, designer or just curious how to get the best out of your digital photographs, Jennifer’s understanding and skills with Photoshop will offer you many opportunities to make your images look sensational.
The classes are for all levels of users, from the novice to the time served user who may wish to have all those bad habits brushed away. You do not need to have any prior experience, just the software on your laptop.
During the first month’s sessions Jennifer will cover:
- File structure
- Layers and Labelling Layers
- Use of colour effectively
- Black and White
- Maximising the potential of all the most used brushes and effects
- Face retouching and manipulation techniques
Maximum number of places – 15
Training dates and location
Slaughterhouse Studios Ltd
Saturday 8th September 09:00 – 17:00
Sunday 16th September 09:00 – 17:00
Saturday 22nd September 09:00 – 17:00
Saturday 29th September 09:00 – 17:00
[October – December dates are going to press on 1st September]
Cost of each Masterclass – £100 (+VAT) this includes breakfast, teas and coffees and free car parking
How to get here (click)
How to apply
Email your interest subject to Photoshop Masterclasses to email@example.com and we will forward you the application form, T&C’s and payment details.
Cheques, BACS or electronic secured payments will be cleared 5 days before the class date to secure each applicant’s place. All payment details will be part of the T&C’s package.
What you will need:
- a laptop with a genuine copy of Adobe Photoshop
- original images shot by you on an openable file
- a camera (this is optional but gaining access to the studios here at Slaughterhouse Studios will allow each class member the chance to see the whole process of developing a digital image from a shoot in the day light studio to creating a print ready image)
- a need to learn more about the software and how it can make your photography more intuitive.